Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot sign into icloud.. It says that the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this ipad. What can I do ?

Dear Sir /Mad

three days ago, I bougth second hand ipad 2 , but I have problem .

the problem is when I create new account Icloud and Apple ID { cannot sign into icloud.

It says that the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this ipad.

What can I do ?}

Kindly sir Help me to solve the problem

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, cannot sign into icloud.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 8:06 PM

Unfortunately there is no solution to this problem. You cannot create another iCloud account on that iPad as the maximum number have already been created. (You also can't delete one so you can create a new one.)

Your only options are to re-use one of the accounts previously created (which you probably can't do if you purchased it second hand), or create a new account to use on a different iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) or Mac (running OS X Lion or higher), if you have one.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2013 8:06 PM in response to salemgamil

Unfortunately there is no solution to this problem. You cannot create another iCloud account on that iPad as the maximum number have already been created. (You also can't delete one so you can create a new one.)

Your only options are to re-use one of the accounts previously created (which you probably can't do if you purchased it second hand), or create a new account to use on a different iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) or Mac (running OS X Lion or higher), if you have one.

Jul 13, 2013 7:52 AM in response to salemgamil

You're welcome.

You can't create an iCloud account on a PC, you can only create one on a Mac or an iOS device. You also can't purchase an iCloud account.

If you don't own another iOS device or Mac, you only options are to either return the iPad 2 and purchase a different one can still create a new iCloud account, or ask a friend who has one of these devices if you can create an iCloud account to use using their device. (In order to create an iCloud account, the iOS device must be running iOS 5 or higher and the Mac must be running OS X Lion or higher.)

Jul 17, 2014 5:27 PM in response to Afshan11

The way to do this would be to begin by saving the photo stream photos to the camera roll on the device you will be creating your account on. You would then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (the data will still be in iCloud). Then you would go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID to create your account. Then you would tap Delete Account to delete your new account from the device and sign back in with the original iCloud to restore the device to it's original iCloud account.

Then you could go to Settings>iCloud on your device and sign in with your Apple ID (which is now your new iCloud ID) and use your new account.

cannot sign into icloud.. It says that the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this ipad. What can I do ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.