Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 13" Haswell with 128GB or 256GB SSD?

I have finally decided to move from Windows 7 to Mac platform. I will be purchasing Macbook Air 13". However, as I am a first time Mac user, I am not sure how much SSD is sufficient for my needs. Being a student I have budget constraints.

I am an MBA student. So I will be installing Windows 8, VMware Fusion, Office for Mac and Office for Windows softwares for sure. Other necessities would be iLife, iWork etc.

I intend to keep this laptop for atleast 3 years and I think I will be adding of apps / utilities as time goes.

I will be purchasing 8GB of RAM.

Following points consist of my main usage of Macbook Air

- Microsoft Office

- Browsing (Can have 10-15 tabs open at a time)

- Occasional video editing (I think, iMovie should be sufficient for me)

- Lots of online video / audio

- Lots of movie watching

- Not into gaming

How much space is available in new Macbook Air 13"?

Which SSD should I select?

Anything else I should consider given my use?

Would you suggest adding 256GB SSD manually afterwords, if I need it?

MacBook Air, Macbook Air mid 2013 Haswell

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 7:04 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2013 8:18 PM in response to mac@alps

Ive got enough money to have bought the 256GB no problem.....but didnt, .....I cant rationalize it AT ALL considering i can pack a superslim 500GB drive which is MUCH slimmer than the AIR is, and the cost of that is only $60

even at 128 Gig, ive got nearly EVERY IMPORTANT MAC program ever made on it, with 80 GIG to spare

if its "worth it" is subjective to a degree,........I say "not a change, no way".......but thats up to you.

Macbook Air 13" Haswell with 128GB or 256GB SSD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.