Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Philippine Peso (₱) sign on the iPad?

Hi,

Is there a way that the Peso Sign (₱) can integrated in the iPad keyboard? I've already checked all of the available keyboards as well as holding the $ key for a long time to show other currencies. I hope they integrate this as I feel it's a big oversight for users in emerging economies.

If you know any other solutions please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 8:52 AM

Hi there,

While this isn't built into the default keyboard, one option you do have is to set up a custom keyboard shortcut that would replace $ (or other currency symbol of your choosing) with ₱. Page 25 of the iPad User Guide has the information on setting up these shortcuts, but I have added the bit that applies below. User uploaded file

The last thing to overcome would be getting ₱ into the Phrase field. This can be solved by copying the symbol from a note, email, or other source and pasting it into the Phase field. Also, keep in mind that the shortcut must be at least 2 characters long, so maybe a shortcut like $$ or €€ may be best for you.

Hope that helps,

Griff W.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2013 8:52 AM in response to lishechen

Hi there,

While this isn't built into the default keyboard, one option you do have is to set up a custom keyboard shortcut that would replace $ (or other currency symbol of your choosing) with ₱. Page 25 of the iPad User Guide has the information on setting up these shortcuts, but I have added the bit that applies below. User uploaded file

The last thing to overcome would be getting ₱ into the Phrase field. This can be solved by copying the symbol from a note, email, or other source and pasting it into the Phase field. Also, keep in mind that the shortcut must be at least 2 characters long, so maybe a shortcut like $$ or €€ may be best for you.

Hope that helps,

Griff W.

Philippine Peso (₱) sign on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.