Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not working properly

Hi guys, I am having a little problem that is a pain in the butt. I have iCloud set up, as well as several emails accounts set up in my phone. One iCloud account, a couple of gmail and a hotmail one.

On my mac in the iCloud preferences panel, I cannot select 'Mail' to be on iCloud. Why is this so?!

What this means is when I receive an email on my iPhone and I read it on my iPhone, when I get back home, that very same email is marked as unread. I don't know why I can't select 'Mail'. Others like contacts, reminders, notes etc work perfectly well and seamlessly between my iPhone and Mac. Even messages works brilliantly. Just Mail that doesn't. Please help!

More info: I manually set up the same mail accounts in my Mac's mail app. I also put in a screenshot of the iCloud preferences panel. What happens whenever I try to select 'Mail' is it will show a check mark, but if I closed preferences and opened it up again, it would show a blank box with no check again.

Thanks so much, sorry for the long post. Was trying to make things as clear as possible.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 10:33 AM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2013 10:59 AM in response to Old Toad

I signed out of iCloud, deleted every mail account I had added into the mail app on my mac, restarted the mac and signed into iCloud again.

What it did was sync ONLY my iCloud account's mails. My 2 gmail accounts and one hotmail wasn't synced into the mail app. It was strange because under 'Mail, Contacts & Calendars', I could see every one of those accounts, but when I attempted to tick 'Mail', the spinning icon would appear and thats it. It would spin indefinitely.

Doesn't iCloud keep ALL my email accounts seamlessly synced across my devices, and not just the Apple-certified email accounts that end with '@icloud.com'?

Mail not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.