Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple have a Product & Feature Design Contest?

I have some awesome ideas for iOS devices that I believe could make them even cooler and more functional. However, I do not want to just give my ideas to Apple since I probably won't get anything in return. If they don't have a current competition, I have some ideas on that as well. People could submit their ideas (written, renderings, concepts, etc) to Apple, and then Apple could select the top ones themselves and let people vote on those. This way Apple does not get stuck with any unwanted designs but end users still get the features they want. Prizes could be cash or a percentage of the capital their idea generates. Apple could even let multiple ideas win and give 1st, 2nd, and 3d prizes (or more). This could boost Apple to an even more dominant position in the mobile world, especially since people could suggest features similar to ones they like on non-Apple devices. If anyone that works for Apple reads this, I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to start a contest like this. It is a perfect way to give the people, who are the ones purchasing and using the products, a chance to improve upon or invent things that they want and would buy. It's simple: Democracy works.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, My ideas apply to all iOS devices

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 12:41 PM

13 replies

Jul 13, 2013 2:23 PM in response to Spaceman24

The reason that Apple (or any other company) will not do this is because if you propose an idea to them that they use you can later sue them for stealing your idea. Most large companies have a policy similar to what was posted by tonefox.

Employees have contracts that state specifically that any ideas they have while employed by the company are company property. They don't have that option with ideas from outside the company.

Does Apple have a Product & Feature Design Contest?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.