Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 Pairing 2010 Honda Civic with hands free link.

I purchased this vehicle several months ago and paired my iphone with the hands free link with no problem. All the sudden last week I started my car and noticed that the hands free did not connect. I haver since tried numerous things, such as deleting the phone from history from the car system and try to pair again with no success.

The iphone picks up the hands free link system. The hands free link gives the pair code (0000). I enter the code, but then a message on the iphone states the code is correct but the pair was unsuccessful. How can I correct this? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 3:29 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2013 3:33 PM in response to beseltzer

Remove the phone from the device list in the vehicle. Remove the vehicle from the device list on the phone. Do a reset on the phone, holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. After the phone restarts, turn Bluetooth on for the phone. Then go into the vehicle and follow the manufacturer's instructions for putting the vehicle into pairing mode. See if you can pair the two devices.

On occasion, devices will not always connect automatically. If after the devices pair this happens, just go into the Bluetooth setting on the phone, locate the listing for the car and tap on it. It should connect then. This will prevent the need to try and pair the two devices again.

You can also see if this support document helps you any. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3581

Iphone 4 Pairing 2010 Honda Civic with hands free link.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.