Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not download songs from iTunes Match

Hello everyone!

I use Ukrainian iTunes Store and signed on iTunes Match. Some of the songs from my library does not match with the music from the iTunes Store and therefore are loaded into the iCloud.

My problem is that the uploaded songs in the iCloud not downloaded to my device, there is the following error: User uploaded file

All devices are updated to the latest versions of iOS, everywhere including the Internet. I've already done all that is written here does not help. I wrote in support since January of this year, but nothing has changed.

I can download the song on:

OS X 10.8.4, OS X 10.9 DP3;

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1;

I can not download songs on:

iPod touch 4 with iOS 5.0.1, iOS 6.1.3;

iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3, iOS 7 b3;

iPad 4th with iOS 6.1.3, iOS 7 b3.

iTunes Match-OTHER, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 2:00 PM

7 replies

Jul 16, 2013 4:02 AM in response to bravelver

You would need to explain what you have tried. The toggle between sync and match allows the Song to sync over wired connection - since you have explained that it works on OSX and Windows, surely this must work?

It looks like the download has been interrupted - if the Song correctly downloads under Windows and OSX we know that the Song file is not corrupt.

What format is the uploaded Song file?

IOS 7 should be avoided since it is only at Beta release. IOS 6, latest version, together with a full explanation of the hardware and software you are using would be needed to be able to help further.

Jul 16, 2013 7:07 AM in response to mracole

The problem arises with songs that have not lost tags buying from another store.

The songs were purchased in US iTunes Store, after being loaded into iTunes Math lost tags "Kind", "Copyright", "Profile".

Tag "Kind" was "Purchased audio AAC", after being loaded into iTunes Math became the "Audio file AAC".

Tag "Copyright" was, after being loaded into iTunes Math gone.

Tag "Purchased" was my first and last name, after being loaded into iTunes Math missing.

Songs that after being loaded into iTunes Math, do not lose these tags cause errors.

Errors occur in 3G and Wi-Fi networks.

DeviceModel

Retrieved

on

iOS

version

Version

of the modem

iPod touch 4MC544RP/AWi-Fi6.1.3
iPhone 4MD197LL/AWi-Fi6.1.304.12.05
4th generation iPadMD523ZP/AWi-Fi and 3G6.1.33.04.25

3G – provider 3mob.

Wi-Fi – TP-LINK TL-WR740N v.2, firmware version 3.12.4 Build 100910 Rel.57694n, provider Kyivstar.

Jul 16, 2013 7:33 AM in response to bravelver

These details all look good, there is no apparent reason why Songs bought originally through the US iTunes Store should fail to download to the IOS devices listed.

Post a secure backup of the library, would suggest selecting 4-5 Songs in a Playlist. Burn the Playlist to audio CD. Delete the Songs, in both library and the cloud. Confirm that they no longer exist in the library after a restart from cold.

Set the import settings to 256k AAC, with error correction on. Sign-out of iTunes Store. Import the Songs into the local library. Sign-in to iTunes Store, turn-on iTunes Match, allow the 3-step process to complete.

In the Songs view turn on iCloud Download and iCloud Status. Chek that the Songs are 'Uploaded' or 'Matched'.

In IOS, turn off iTunes Match, under Settings, General, Usage select All Music and swipe to Delete. Hold Power on/off and Home button together until IOS device restarts. Turn on iTunes Match using the same Apple Id as that used on the computer.

It should now be possible to select the Songs and 'Download'.

Jul 16, 2013 8:23 AM in response to mracole

Devices with CD drive I do not have but I did everything without the disc. It was enough to just pick the songs and create a version of the AAC format in regular means iTunes and I have succeeded. Thank you very much, you helped me a lot! I only have two questions regarding iTunes Math:

1. The fact that the songs lose some of the tags after uploading to iTunes Match is this normal? Just so there is not only with the uploaded but matched songs.

2. Genius Mixes on the computer and on devices different. For example, if the computer I have two mixes alternative rock, while on iOS I have these two playlist, and five completely different with different names, and even empty Genius Mixes.

Jul 16, 2013 4:33 PM in response to bravelver

Excellent! Good to know it is now working.

Changes in Song metadata is interesting, in that if a Song has been 'matched' then downloaded it is of course the iTunes Store version so will have altered metadata. Uploaded Songs will preserve most of the metadata, items liable to change will be iTunes service specific - Song specific such as title, duration etc will be preserved.

Genius is known to return different results under IOS, and certainly between IOS and OSX/Windows.

Do not download songs from iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.