Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is There A Way To Recover My Notes?

I had a very important 'Notes' file originally typed on my Macbook Pro. My Mac is synced with iCloud along with other iOS devices. Not knowing that if I deleted a file off an iOS device, it affected the original on the Macbook, other iOS devices, and iCloud files, I went ahead and did as said; deleting it by accident (I know, how very ignorant of me. But no one's perfect right?) . I logged onto iCloud to see if it was still there but, I was wrong. Now comes the day where I wonder if there's a way to get it back. Is there any way to get it back? And sadly, I don't believe I have any backup of the file whatsoever (being, through an iOS device or Time Machine)

Moreso; any help will do, even if I can't restore my notes. Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2013 9:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2013 11:49 PM in response to ashleyishungry

The only way of getting it back, would be by restoring it from the most recent backup you'd made in the past.

If you've never backed it up, then there is no way. It's important to maintain regular backups of all important data on your Mac and iOS devices to safeguard you against theft, accidental deletion, broken hardware etc.

Is There A Way To Recover My Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.