Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual Thunderbolt issue with Macbook Air

My configuration is a Macbook Air, 2 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8Gb RAM 1600 Mhz DDR3 and 2 thunderbolt cinema displays. I have this setup since November and has been working fine but recently I have noticed that one of the thunderbolts is starting to flicker and on occasion goes blank (turns off). By disconnecting cables and reconnecting I can eventually get it all working again but its frsutrating all the same.

Does anybody else have this same setup and the same problem?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 2:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2013 7:14 AM in response to Provun

Hello Provun,

Thank you for all the information you provided about what is going on. It sounds like one of your Thunderbolt Displays will flicker and sometimes shut off.

I found an article with steps to troubleshoot issues with displays. This article is for internal and external displays, so you can skip any steps referring to the internal display. I recommend reviewing the section titled "No video or no signal, image distortion, 'snow,' or flickering" in the article below. I recommend reviewing the full article, but the following steps specifically stands out to me for the situation you are experiencing:

Reset the system

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

You can find the full article here:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1573

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Dual Thunderbolt issue with Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.