Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic stopped playing audio

Hello everybody, this is a vital question.

After the latest security update, logic stopped playing audio. After a short debug I discovered that core audio doesn't show any external interface anymore, so any other song is affected. I dont know if the security update is related... Anyways Logic is gone and my songs too!!!

Audio-Midi configuration, as well as the interface related control panels, work as expected and audio is correctly played by the finder. All other software which makes use of core audio (e.g. Bias Peak) works.

My interfaces are AVID M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and, for this testing purposes, M-Audio Audiosport Duo (legacy), all with the latest drivers.

Obviously my Logic is officially bought from the App Store.

MacPro (late 2007) 7GB RAM 2 x 2,66Ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon

Mac OS X 10.7.5 (latest update)

Logic Pro 9.1.8 (1700.67) 32 bit (latest update)

AVID M-Audio Fast Track Ultra with 2.2.2 firmware (latest update)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 11:09 AM

Hey icedj,

I had that happen. I had to trash my Logic prefs, then restart Logic. It's a P.I.T.A. because you lose various settings (color settings, for instance), but it fixed the problem for me.

Bamboof

Vallejo, CA

3 replies

Logic stopped playing audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.