Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I install Windows 7 on my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro, can I uninstall it, remove the partition, and return it back to exactly how it was before?

When I mean return to how it was before I mean like, absolutely no trace at all of there even being BootCamp, Windows 7, and the parition. I'm just a little worried that my login screen is gonna look different from before the installation to after the unistallation.

Also, I am using this $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (OEM) System Builder DVD 1 Pack, and I was just wondering if I install it, then I uninstall it; if I ever need to install Windows 7 again, would I have to buy a new one or could I just use the same one?

Please & thank you guys.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 5:44 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

You can remove Windows without any problem. To do it, hold the X key while your Mac is starting to start in OS X. Then, open Boot Camp Assistant (in /Applications/Utilities) and follow its steps to remove Windows. To make sure that your MacBook starts in OS X automatically, open System Preferences > Startup Disk, and choose the OS X volume.

If you uninstall Windows, you will be able to use the copy you have. The System Builder version comes with a product key that can only be used in one computer, so as you used it in your MacBook, you can install it as many times as you wish.

<edited by host>

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2013 5:44 AM in response to kevinalimbo

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

You can remove Windows without any problem. To do it, hold the X key while your Mac is starting to start in OS X. Then, open Boot Camp Assistant (in /Applications/Utilities) and follow its steps to remove Windows. To make sure that your MacBook starts in OS X automatically, open System Preferences > Startup Disk, and choose the OS X volume.

If you uninstall Windows, you will be able to use the copy you have. The System Builder version comes with a product key that can only be used in one computer, so as you used it in your MacBook, you can install it as many times as you wish.

<edited by host>

After I install Windows 7 on my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro, can I uninstall it, remove the partition, and return it back to exactly how it was before?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.