Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Color/Resolution Malfunction

Hello,

Just this morning I was working with Audacity, accidentally clicked the "play all tracks" and had 20 some tracks, many large and unedited... I instantly knew it was way too much for memory and tried to hit stop... Well, it wouldn't respond, started the color wheel spinnin and the fan to turn on to hyperspace, I tried to force quit, no response... the colors on the screen changed and got pixellated. It finnally allowed the force quit to open, and I got the program to stop. I restarted in an attempt to get the colors to go normal again...Nope, I double checked the display settings and reset them just to make sure, nope. Did a PRAM Reset... nope.

So here are the details... when I start up, the start up and log in screen are as beautiful as always, resolution crisp, colors smooth etc... then as soon as it loads the desktop, almost as if it is an overlay, the screen goes to heck. It looks like it switches on 256 color with the contrast blasted to over saturation.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 7:09 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2013 7:36 AM in response to BB88BB

OK, so I found the fix in the "Universal Access" in the System Preferences. Somehow, that memory overload caused the contrast slider to go all the way to the right... Even thought I fixed this, I have 2 concerns:

1. A contrast slider should be under "displays" not hidden away in some other place.

2. How did a memory overload effect a contrast slider? That makes me wonder what other negative effects it could have had.

Looks like I am going to run a disk warrior check today...

I would still like your thoughts

Display Color/Resolution Malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.