Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Kindle Paperwhite by USB

Hi! I have a Kindle Paperwhite that I am trying to connect to the USB port of my MacBook Pro. The Kindle is supposed to immediately go into "USB Mode," when it is connected, and mount as a new disk volume on my desktop. It did this just fine when I brought it into my office and connected it to my PC at work. But it isn't working on the MacBook. Other USB peripherals (e.g., a USB key and a USB hard drive) are mounting just fine, however. So it isn't a problem with the USB port or cable.

Amazon technical support has been no help, and does not seem to be aware of this as an issue. Has anyone on this forum encountered a similar problem? Bettter yet, can anyone on this forum offer a solution (besides "get an iPad" -- I already have one. But I really enjoy reading books on my Kindle).

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2016 9:36 AM

I had the same problem. I was using a different USB cable and it didn't work and the Kindle froze every time I connected it. I recovered the original Kindle USB cable and with that one, it works seamlessly!

11 replies

Jul 14, 2013 11:52 PM in response to Sam10019

I just got my Paperwhite - my 2nd generation Kindle took a 'dunk' in the bathtub!

When I plug the Kindle PW into my Mac, it shows up on my Desktop as a USB volume named "Kindle"... if yours isn't doing the same, I would suspect a problem with the USB port (have you tried more than one?).

Sorry I can't be of much help - mine just 'works' (and I've had it less than a week)... there IS a Kindle forum (http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle) so you may want to post your problem there.

Good luck,

Clinton

Connecting Kindle Paperwhite by USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.