Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting the size of a batch of files

Does Aperture 3 offer any way to get the size (in B/kB/mB/gB) of a batch (i.e. selection or event) of versions from within the application itself? If it does, how does one access this info?

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 9:01 AM

Does Aperture 3 offer any way to get the size (in B/kB/mB/gB) of a batch (i.e. selection or event) of versions from within the application itself?

No, you can show the filesize for a single original in the metadata panel, but versions do not exist as files, until they are exported or shared. So they simply do not have a filesize. The file format, the quality, the dimensions of any rendered version will only be determined when you select an export preset when exporting the file and creating it.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2013 9:01 AM in response to WanderingCoder

Does Aperture 3 offer any way to get the size (in B/kB/mB/gB) of a batch (i.e. selection or event) of versions from within the application itself?

No, you can show the filesize for a single original in the metadata panel, but versions do not exist as files, until they are exported or shared. So they simply do not have a filesize. The file format, the quality, the dimensions of any rendered version will only be determined when you select an export preset when exporting the file and creating it.

Regards

Léonie

Getting the size of a batch of files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.