Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

only a few songs available on iTunes Match

So, I let my Slacker account lapse and signed up for iTunes Match since I'll then get radio for free when iOS 7 is available. I've uploaded almost all of my music to iCloud at this point. I went for a bike ride this am expecting to listen to my library only to see that the vast majority of songs are grayed out and unselectable. I believe that the songs should stream, right? No need to download them to my iPhone, right?

Any idea what the issue might be? FWIW, iTunes is not quite done uploading all the remaining songs. However, why should this interfere with my accessing the music that's already been matched?

TIA,

David

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 2:33 PM

Make sure you have Use Cellular Data set to On in Settings>iTunes & App Stores or you will only by able to access your Match library using wifi. Also be sure you have Show All Music set to On in Settings>Music or you will only be able to see music that has been downloaded and stored locally on your phone.

Also, when you "stream" music with iTunes Match it is still stored in cache memory on your phone. Apple's documentation indicates that when you storage reaches an unspecified level, older and less played songs will beging being automatically deleted from memory to make room for new ones. However, if you want to control this yourself, you should occasionally go to Settings>General>Usage>Music, swipe across All Music and tap Delete to delete all the music from your phone. Not sure how any of this will change with iOS 7. (I'm also not sure if the match process needs to complete on your computer before you can access your library on your devices.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2013 2:33 PM in response to drschwartz

Make sure you have Use Cellular Data set to On in Settings>iTunes & App Stores or you will only by able to access your Match library using wifi. Also be sure you have Show All Music set to On in Settings>Music or you will only be able to see music that has been downloaded and stored locally on your phone.

Also, when you "stream" music with iTunes Match it is still stored in cache memory on your phone. Apple's documentation indicates that when you storage reaches an unspecified level, older and less played songs will beging being automatically deleted from memory to make room for new ones. However, if you want to control this yourself, you should occasionally go to Settings>General>Usage>Music, swipe across All Music and tap Delete to delete all the music from your phone. Not sure how any of this will change with iOS 7. (I'm also not sure if the match process needs to complete on your computer before you can access your library on your devices.)

only a few songs available on iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.