Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other OS updates appearing in 10.6.8 AppStore?

I have 10.6.8, in the Updates portins of AppStore, OS X Mountain Lion appears with a link to:

OS X Mountain Lion

I started the download, but paused it, closed AppStore, then deleted the AppStore folder from Application Support and rebooted.

1. Why is this update showing? OS related updates are supposed to appear via Software Update... (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1338?viewlocale=ja_JP)

2. How can this or other updates be added to an 'ignore' list like it could be performed via Sofware Update...?

Thanks,

Jeeves

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 2:41 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2013 9:03 AM in response to baltwo

Well, I figured that as much...

Same thing as pushing folks to the OS by making them and the developers compilers versions REQUIRE a 64 bit intel - making folks PURCHASE new computer.

Jobs would be turning in his grave I'm sure.... (bless Mr. Jobs)...

My last couple 3 Macs have been used, circa 2008. The deskop is maxed at 32, the MacBook 2008 is getting upgraded to 6, thanks to OWC (memory4less, crucial, and memory.com would NOT support the config as apple doesn't officially recognize it. At least OWC does as they have a relationship with everymac.com.

Anyway, I'm stuck on 10.6.8 because I haven't moved from Eudora to another app that support at least 25 or 50 or even 100 personalities (which I have in Eudora).

Anyway, I was looking for a 'IGNORE THIS UPDATE' in the appstore so I could use the "Update All" feature and not have to worry. Maybe it compares something else, like a history or downloaded file and if I download the image, it will remove it from the list. I need to perform a test on another partition.

-Jeeves

Other OS updates appearing in 10.6.8 AppStore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.