Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle 4th, the restore fails

Dear Apple communities,

I don't know if I am unlucky or not, but this is the second iPod shuffle which suddenly stops to work.

In this case, during a jogging session, it stop to work. But the strange “error” came when I connect it to my fresh and new iTunes installation.

It happens that iTunes propose me this:

User uploaded file

I confirm and I start with the restore:

User uploaded file

iTunes "restores" my iPod, but at the end of the restart I go back to the first step again and nothing is changed. I am in a loop, as I documented in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9aKcVvU5M&feature=youtu.be

Do you have any idea? I tried several hints I found by Google without success....

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 1:28 PM

2 replies

Jul 16, 2013 9:39 AM in response to Mr. Fabio

Hello Mr. Fabio,

I would recommend resetting your iPod shuffle while it is connected to the computer with the USB cord.

To reset iPod shuffle:

1. Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).
  2. Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.
    User uploaded file
    User uploaded file
    User uploaded file
    User uploaded file
    1st generation
    2nd generation
    3rd generation
    4th generation
  3. Wait five seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait ten seconds.
  4. Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).

iPod shuffle is now reset. If you were resetting as part of some troubleshooting steps, continue with those steps now. For general troubleshooting steps see the iPod shuffle troubleshooting and service FAQ.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1655

Cheers,

Sterling

iPod Shuffle 4th, the restore fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.