Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switched from iPhone and can't receive text messages

A few days ago I switched from my iPhone 5 to a Windows phone, just to try it. But now, when anyone texts me from an iPhone, the text messages go to my old iPhone and to iMessage on my Mac. I've tried unchecking SMS on my iPhone telephone number in my Apple Support Profile, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 2:19 PM

8 replies

Jul 14, 2013 3:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

That didn't work, Chris. iMessage is turned off on my iPhone so now when my wife sends me a text it goes only to iMessage on my Mac and still is not going to my new phone.

I don't want to completely delete my iPhone from support profile as I may not decide to keep the other phone and have to go back to the iPhone. I like the new phone and I'm just over some of the issues I've had with my iPhone, however, if things like this are going to plague me I'll have to live with the iPhone. I can't believe I'm being held captive in this situation..there has to be a way to receive texts on my new phone.

Switched from iPhone and can't receive text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.