Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dvi to hdmi works doesn't work with new tv

I have been searching constantly for several days, and I have not been able to find a solution.

I have been using a 32" Vizio HDTV as a monitor for my 2008 macbook pro via DVI to HDMI for over a year now. Recently, we purchased a new 39" Sanyo HDTV for out living room, and the screen continuasly flashes blue when I try to connect my laptop to the tv. I have also tested my computer on a 42" Sony TV, and it also works fine on that TV.

I am also able to run windows through bootcamp on every TV mentioned above except the Sanyo TV lags a lot in windows. Why can't I get my laptop to display properly on the Sanyo TV, (blue flashing in OSX and lagging in Windows 7)?

Should I try buying a DVI to Component/Composite cable? The Sanyo doesn't have a VGA port, but should I also try going from DVI to VGA to Component? The TV has no option for "game mode" or "image processing". I am lost of what to do.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Early '08)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 7:50 PM

There are no replies.

dvi to hdmi works doesn't work with new tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.