Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not installing- Stuck on Installing Apple Application Support

I have been using iTunes for a number of years and I have never had any problems installing it.

Now I am trying to install the latest version of iTunes on a Windows 7 64bit version and I have a problem.

he installer starts and there is no progress. It is stuck on Installing Apple Application Support.

User uploaded file

Thanks

Claysche

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:33 AM

Hi Claysche,

Here is an article of troubleshooting the installation of iTunes that I would recommend trying first:

Trouble installing iTunes or QuickTime for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1926

I hope this helps!

- Ari

10 replies

Jul 18, 2013 1:04 AM in response to ariel s

Hi Ariel,

I thank you for your post, but after following the guide I am still not able to install iTunes successfully 😟

• Empty your Temp directory and restart- Done
  • Completely remove iTunes and related components- Done
  • Install the latest version of iTunes- Done (unsuccessful)
  • Make sure you have administrator account access- I am using admin account
  • Make sure your folder names don't contain strange characters- tried from desktop

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Thanks,

Claysche

Jul 19, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Claysche

Do you see an error message or number when the problem occurs?

Were you able to install the latest Windows updates and disable potentially conflicting software, as suggested in the article above?

Try installing Apple Application Support only by extracting it from iTunessetup.exe, as suggested in this thread -> i get a message Apple Application support is required,reinstall iTunes plus err 2,all this happened since last update reinstalling does'nt fix problem

Aug 5, 2013 2:55 PM in response to AliaMarie7

AliaMarie7 wrote:

I cannot get iTunes to download on any of my computers at home. I've tried a different browser, I've tried uninstalling, and I know that all the components are off my computer. I'm still not able to dowload it.

Take a look at this -> iTunes: Downloading iTunes for Windows using Internet Explorer

If it doesn't help, start a new discussion with details about the problem you're seeing, include error messages, things you've tried and any other relevant info you can think of.

Mar 22, 2016 7:41 AM in response to HCRHybrid

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then reinstall iTunes.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

iTunes not installing- Stuck on Installing Apple Application Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.