Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music will not sync to iphone 5

Just bought a new iPhone 5 a few days ago. Today I went to sync some of my music off itunes to my new phone and it just won't work! The funny thing is down at the bottom of itunes it shows sometimes that there is music on my phone, but then magically disappears once the sync process stops. Please help! I have already tried restarting with power button and home button and have itunes match turned off. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jul 14, 2013 10:25 PM

3 replies

Jul 17, 2013 7:30 AM in response to Animated4life

Hey Animated4life,

Thanks for the question! First, I'd read through this article follow each step one more time:

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

If you're encountering issues with Wi-Fi syncing specifically, then I'd read through the troubleshooting steps in this article and see if that helps:

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi Syncing

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4062

Have a good one,

David

Oct 13, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Animated4life

i have 8 different models of iphone each with the latest software they could get, not one of them can sync with itunes, all of them including the iPhone 5 and 5s hang on sync waiting for sync to start. So I tried 3 different iPod nanos and the sync worked perfectly, so then I tried old 60, & 80 gig iPods and again it worked perfectly (my iPods have failing hard drives and thus are not reliable anymore) , I then preceded to try the sync of the phones on another mac and the same thing happened 2 more times. Each of these phones has been updated to the latest software available, wifi sync disabled then re enabled and then off again, and each of the phones is a fresh setup, they're over 12000 songs in my library and rather then buying a new iPod touch I feel like I should be able to use an old 64 gig iPhone for the same task. I can't simply use iTunes match and re download the music because it won't fit. i need the iTunes bitrate downgrade. my Mac book pro Mac mini and iMac all have the latest sofeware as well, I have never in the past had a sync issue till now. I also tried all that stuff with airport mode on/off manual sync automatic sync, and all that other check box repair crap and nothing has work yet, I'm really frustrated over this and would like a viable solution, short of buying another divise.

Music will not sync to iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.