Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't find the aperture trash

Hi, i accidentally deleted an entire project of hundreds of photos of a trip, and my aperture only shows my project, not the trash like i saw on the screenshots of other peoples aperture sidebar. I would like to find the trash so i can recover my picture, would you know how i can find it? thank you

MacBook

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 3:27 AM

7 replies

Jul 15, 2013 3:55 AM in response to alixfrommontreal

Alix,

What is your Aperture version and your MAcOS X version? Do you have Aperture 3.4.x? You may have hidden your "Recent" section.

Hover the mouse to the right of the "Recent" heading in the sidebar. There is a hidden "Show/Hide" button. Press "Show". Then the Trash and other recent items should appear.

User uploaded file

But if the problem is, that you are seeing other recent items like "Last 12 Month", but only the Trash is missing, then your Aperture Preferences file might be corrupted. Then remove the preferences as described in this support article:

Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics

Regards

Léonie

Jul 15, 2013 6:55 AM in response to alixfrommontreal

Alix,

I don't have Aperture 2, but I looked at the User Manual Aperture 2 User Manual - Support - Apple.

The Aperture 2 window is quite different from the Aperture 3 window.

There seems to be no Trash in Aperture 2. The masters will be moved directly to your system trash on your Desktop, when you delete the images.

Retrieve the image files from there to a folder on your Desktop and restore them to your Aperture library by reimporting.

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

i can't find the aperture trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.