Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

attachment fail to windows

I am attaching a photo in the normal way with 'windows friendly' active - BUT - recipient cannot view the image without rt. click and save as.

Annoying and not a problem before that I know of.

Solution please??

Important I solve this as look a bit of a numpy at the moment - prob. am! ;-)

Thank you

Sharkey

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 4:32 AM

11 replies

Jul 15, 2013 5:13 AM in response to Ardwa

Mail.app by default displays images inline, and most email clients won’t recognize them as attachments. If you right click (or ctrl click with a one button mouse) on the image you can select to view the image as icon, which makes it behave like a normal attachment. To make this the default behavior you’ll need to use the Terminal to set the preference. Terminal is in Applications>Utilities. Open Terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes

That will make every attachment you send act like an attachment instead of a pretty unusable decoration.

If you decide this isn’t what you’re looking for, to restore inline attachment viewing type:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool false

Restart Mail and you’re back to normal.

One more thing, if you’re having the issue that Mail is resizing your image, after attaching a file, make sure that you select “Actual Size” from the “Image Size” pulldown in the lower right corner of your message window.

Aug 27, 2014 12:32 AM in response to Axeman1020

Hi Axeman1020

I have been having problems with my attachments and them always showing up in full. I did what you said (copy & pasted your instructions into the "Terminal" thing and it worked!!!! Eureka!!!! THANKS SO MUCH! Now I can send my quotes, Acceptance Notifications and Special Conditions without having to right click, select view as icon, all the time, for every quote. Much appreciation :-} 😁

Regards,

Avie14

attachment fail to windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.