Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Nano 7th gen pauses tracks, and skips forward..

Hi

I just bought an iPod Nano 7th generation, and used my iTunes library to fill it with music, just like I have done with my last iPod (5th generation Nano, now not working).

The first time I started listening to an album, my new iPod started to pause several tracks, and skip forward to the next one. This usually happens 3-4 minutes into the track, when I have turned of the screen. The iPod has not been in motion, and the Shake to Shuffle setting is turned of.

This happens to several tracks, with different artists. My music files is both from ripping my own cds, and files I have downloaded/gotten from friends.

The files that pauses is both my own and others.

I used the same library with my last iPod, and never had any problems with the files then.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? (I have read several similar post in here).

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 9:02 AM

Hi vegarsheirik,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may find the information in this article helpful:

Troubleshooting songs that skip

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3217

Regards,

Jeremy

3 replies

Aug 1, 2013 3:48 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hi again

Thanks for your help, Jeremy.

After reading through the "Troubleshooting.." page, I've done following things:

- updated iTunes

- updated the iPod software

- defragmented the hard drive where my library is located

- reset iPod

- restored iPod

- converted all songs to a lower bitrate when transfered to the iPod

After converting the songs to a lower bitrate, the amount of songs that pauses and skips is lower. But still there is a lot of songs that won't play through. And with a lower bitrate, the quality is not as good as it could be. I really don't think that this is the best solution.

As I mentioned in my first post, I've used the same iTunes library with other iPods and iPhones, and never had any problems with it.

Is there any more tips that can help me?

regards

Eirik

My iPod Nano 7th gen pauses tracks, and skips forward..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.