3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 2:27 PM by Jerrold Green1
HookBill2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I recently upgraded my Numbers 08 software to Numbers 09 via the App Store. When I did that, I was left with both versions on my Macbook Pro as the 09 download did not simply upgrade the 08 version. Should I proceed with deleting the Numbers 08 version or will that create problems with the newer 09 version?

• 1. Re: Upgrading to Numbers09 from 08
    Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,995 points)

Bill,

There is no need to delete the earlier version, but it won't hurt to delete it either. I don't know of anyone who has any use for the '08 version, considering the number of improvements in the '09 version.

You can just go into the Applicaitons > iWork08 folder and drag the Numbers.app file to the trash.

Jerry

• 2. Re: Upgrading to Numbers09 from 08
    HookBill2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Jerrold,

Thanks. This did solve the problem with no apparent problems with 09--at least for now :^D Makes me feel better about updating the other '08 app versions within Works that need to be upgraded as I know they will probably behave in a similar manner.

• 3. Re: Upgrading to Numbers09 from 08
    Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,995 points)

Some of the helpers like to keep the old version around in order to check thsir answers to iWork'08 questions. In my case, I never loaded 08 onto this computer, figuring I'd have little use for it. I think it's still on my iMac, but I'm rarely at that computer.

Jerry