Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to Numbers09 from 08

I recently upgraded my Numbers 08 software to Numbers 09 via the App Store. When I did that, I was left with both versions on my Macbook Pro as the 09 download did not simply upgrade the 08 version. Should I proceed with deleting the Numbers 08 version or will that create problems with the newer 09 version?

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 12:59 PM

Bill,

There is no need to delete the earlier version, but it won't hurt to delete it either. I don't know of anyone who has any use for the '08 version, considering the number of improvements in the '09 version.

You can just go into the Applicaitons > iWork08 folder and drag the Numbers.app file to the trash.

Jerry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2013 12:59 PM in response to HookBill2

Bill,

There is no need to delete the earlier version, but it won't hurt to delete it either. I don't know of anyone who has any use for the '08 version, considering the number of improvements in the '09 version.

You can just go into the Applicaitons > iWork08 folder and drag the Numbers.app file to the trash.

Jerry

Upgrading to Numbers09 from 08

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.