Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Replacement Battery Problems (A1185)

I just bought a replacement battery for my Macbook from an Ebay store (eShop-Best). When first using it. The charge dropped pretty fast from 59 to 49% in just 3 minutes. It showed a service battery warning. I don't know whats wrong, the battery or the just the macbook. I am now trying to recalibrate it.

Macbook

Model Identifier MacBook4,1

Model Number A1181

Order Number MB402LL/A

Support Status Supported

Case White (2.1 GHz)

PROCESSOR

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo (T8100, T8300) ("Penryn")

Processor Speed 2.1 GHz

Architecture 64-bit

Number of Cores 2

Cache 3 MB on chip shared L2 cache

System Bus 800 MHz

STORAGE AND MEDIA
Storage 320 GB (5400-rpm)

Media Slot-loading 24x Combo (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)

KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD

Trackpad Solid-state trackpad supports tap, double-tap, drag and scrolling

Keyboard Full size (78 (U.S.) incl. 12 function, 4 arrow)

Battery Type: Replacement Battery

Cell Type: Li-ion

Battery Number: 9 Cells

Voltage: 10.8V

Capacity: 59WH

Color: White

Warranty: 3 Year

According to Battery Health App:

Current Max: 3965 mAh

Original Max: 5600 mAh

Cycles: 1

Age (unused): 8.8 Months

"UPDATE: It stops charging at 99%/ Doesn't finish but says 0:00 until full. Also this may or may not matter but I'm am using a Replacement AC Adapter that came with the macbook when I first bought it."

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 2:17 PM

You shouldn't have bought a battery at eBay. The original battery capacity was 5600 mAh, and only after 1 cycle, the capacity is 3965 mAh.

If you can, return the battery you bought because it's damaged, and buy a battery from Apple, so you can be sure it will work correctly > http://store.apple.com/us/go/product/MA561LL/A

5 replies

Sep 21, 2013 8:29 PM in response to TMRJIJ

I got my replcement A1185 battery for my MacBook from http://SafeBatteries.com. The battery I got was was a real 5600mAh /60Wh Li-Poly battery and was exactly as advertised. I would recommend this particular web store for those looking for a discount replacement as they are located in the US and not 1/2 way around the world.

The fit and finish of the battery I got --- very good fit and still looks like a million bucks even after a year.

The quality - excellent performance, battery health report confirmed it was a 5600mAh / 60Wh battery and only shows 4% wear after 1 year of use.

The first battery I got from eBay was also a rip off. It didn't match the specs that were advertised (just under 4200mAh). When I got the battery. I could see that it was shipped from China so I had no recourse when it came to a replacement. The company above, is located in USA/NJ, delevered a good quality battery, and I had no issues.

Macbook Replacement Battery Problems (A1185)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.