Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change country area code on my contact list?

I just moved to Spain and I need to change back and forth the area code. HOwever the way I used to do it has disappeared. Anyone can help? Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 6:02 PM

7 replies

Jul 15, 2013 6:42 PM in response to Ocean20

All my contacts have Spanish area code in front of them instead of United States area code on my iPhone 4S.

Before I changed it back and forth but now that option seems to have disappeared.

Unites state code is 1

In Spain it's 34

34 is being placed in front of all my contacts. 99% of which are from the United States.

Jul 15, 2013 6:58 PM in response to FlavieD

I could be wrong but the country code you are referrring to is not automatically added to phone numbers in contacts. I deliberately enter all my phone numbers in contacts in international format. I have enabled dial assist in settings/phone so my phone numbers all appear as +(country code) (area code without leading zero) (phone number with out leading zero) and when I go to other countries there is nothing I need to change and I can dial anyone regardless where I am and where the recipient of the call might be

Jul 15, 2013 7:04 PM in response to Ocean20

This answer is not helping me.

I am not able to contact anyone in the Unites states right now becasue it automatically adds 34 befopre the number. How do I change that?

The answer to that question WILL help me.

Thanks in advance.

PS

HOw does one enter all phone numbers in international format?

I do not have any dial assist in the phone in settings. I only have my number showing, reply with message, TTY, and sim pin.

Jul 15, 2013 7:20 PM in response to Ocean20

I know there used to be one there, but right now it is not there. This could be the problem. I apologize for my answer above. I am feeling quite irritated. I thought you were an apple customer representative.

I just realized I am in a community forum where people just try to help out. It's been a long day. I thank you for your attempts to help.

Jul 15, 2013 7:28 PM in response to FlavieD

I detected your frustration. Yes this is a user forum as you have stated. it could be that the absence of dial assist may be at the heart of your problem. I do not understand why it is not there and I have used my phone in other countries and have not experienced the problem you have.

I did find http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2977 and that might explain things. Also read http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1807

How do I change country area code on my contact list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.