Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to PERMANENTLY delete songs off of my iTunes account?

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew how to delete songs permanently off of my iTunes account, I was going through a fase and do not like the songs I ownloaded back in the day. but they are still showing up on my iphone with the iCloud download symbol beside them when they are deleted off of my iPhone and my computer. So I was wondering if there was a way to permanently remove these songs off of my iTunes account. I've tried Hiding the songs using the iTunes stores Hidden purchases feature but that does not work. Please help, the site of these songs bring back to many bad memories and plus I hate country with a passion. (No offence)

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iTunes 10.6.3

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 11:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2017 4:48 PM in response to dudeware

I'll bet you're not the only person who hates C&W. 😉

There are several methods of deleting something from iTunes, and this link offers a visual guide:

http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Songs-from-iTunes

In some cases, as reinstarr says, it's not possible to simply "delete" songs, but you can hide them. The reason why Apple does this isn't hard to figure; quite a few people decide to delete a songs or album one day - and reverse their decision the next.

How to PERMANENTLY delete songs off of my iTunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.