Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless mouse keeps losing connection?

Does anyone know why the wireless mouse keeps losing connection? I have replaced the batteries, tried reinstalling and everything has failed, any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 15, 2013 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 7:33 AM

Hello dmstevo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at this article:

Take a look at this for Intermittent or complete loss of the wireless connection.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1365

Best of luck,

Mario

6 replies

Oct 3, 2013 1:09 AM in response to dmstevo

This is probably a mechanical problem, not an issue with your Bluetooth conneciton or the mouse software.

The batteries are probably disconnecting - No power. No bluetooth.

Try this.

Flip your mouse over and remove the battery cover.

grab your business card and fit the end of it across the compartment - you're going to create a little padding between the batteries and the cover.

Mark the width on the card with a pencil and cut the card to fit.

Place the card on top of the batteries and close the cover.

The switch is going to need a fingernail to slide it now, but your batteries shouldn't disconnect as you move the mouse around.

Or try this.

Get a little aluminum foil, fold it up into a little square and fit it between the -ve end of each battery and the springy contact. Not as secure but does the same thing.

Nov 26, 2013 11:15 AM in response to Oddmartini

I also had the "intermittent" problem with my magic mouse (but not my wireless mighty mouse) and it was driving me nuts....

I thought bluetooth was the problem

Did the tinfoil at the + end of the batteries, and problem solved....

Upon further inspection, the plastic is quite thick at the + end of the housing, and the batteries + end was short(ish), just enough to make contact sketchy.

So back to using my favourite mouse

May 5, 2014 7:41 AM in response to dmstevo

I actually have now modified a couple of sets of rechargeable batteries..

If you are handy/comfortable with a soldering iron, you can put a small dab on the + ends, then shape to optimum length for a snug fit....

Did this several months ago, and works like a charm...

Better than original tinfoil fix (which does work too)

wireless mouse keeps losing connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.