Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 2, i can't find my deleted photos

I have aperture 2, ans i accidentally deleted en entire project of pictures from a trip im having, the pictures are not in the desktop trash and there is no aperture trash in aperture 2, so i don't know where they could be? thank you

MacBook

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 6:34 AM

3 replies

Jul 17, 2013 6:29 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

As you wrote there is no Aperture trash in version 2, when a master is deleted it is put in the system trash directly.

See Alix's previous thread, Frank:

i can't find the aperture trash

And that is what I found in the AP2 manual:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Aperture_2_User_Manual.pdf

To delete a master and all its versions from a project:

1. 1 Select the image, then choose File > Delete Master Image and All Versions. A dialog appears asking if you want to continue.
  2. 2 Click the Move to Trash button.
    The master and all versions are deleted.

Warning: This action cannot be undone. Once you click the Move to Trash button, the master is moved to the Trash. All versions and their adjustments and metadata are permanently deleted. To permanently remove the master from your hard disk, empty the Trash.

Jul 17, 2013 7:04 AM in response to léonie

Right there is no Trash in Aperture 2 masters are moved straight to the system trash. 😕

If they are not in the system trash then they are gone. The reason I asked what disk the library is on is because if it is on an external disk the files might be in that volumes trash.

But without knowing where the library is and if the trash on the system is working OK for files other then those in Aperture it is difficult to offer any other advice.

regards

Aperture 2, i can't find my deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.