Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The ringer on my iphone5 stopped working and VM doesn't play. Vibration works. I have verified the settings several times so I know I have it set up to have it ring. Any ideas?

The ringer on my iphone5 stopped working and VM doesn't play. Vibration works. I have verified the settings several times so I know I have it set up to have it ring. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 8:49 AM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2013 11:05 AM in response to diesel vdub

This seems to be the classic response. I have tried it before with other problems with my iphones. It has never helped.

I happend to be near an Apple store yesterday so I asked them. The tech knew exactly the problem, took my phone into the back of the store and replaced the speaker. Now it works and so that makes me happy.

But why does it seem that Apple conceales an obvious problem and a simple fix and leave me to grasp at straws to get it fixed? If I hadn't be out of town and near an apple store to get it fixed I would be spending hours restoreing software, backing up, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.