Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update Pages on MacBook Pro

Once when I opened Pages there was a message I should update Pages on my Macbook Pro. I think I clicked later or something similar.

Now that I want to open a Pages document from iCloud from my iPad my Pages on MacBook Pro says I need to update to open the Pages document from the latest version of Pages on iOS.

Ok, I'll do it but how?

AppStore doesn't give it as an update and I can't find in Pages anywhere an option for updating now.

So, how do I do? Should I delete Pages and download it again or is there a easier way?

I've done the latest OS X update (10.8.4). My Pages '09 is 4.2 (1008)

Kaj

Pages-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 9:43 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Do you remember where you purchased Pages? If it was purchased in a DVD, download iWork 9.3 update > http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1563 Make sure that Pages is in /Applications, and if not, move it to this folder.

If it was purchased in the Mac App Store, check that it's in /Applications, and if not, move it to this folder. Then, open the App Store, go to Updates and the most recent version should show up to install

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2013 9:43 AM in response to kholmback

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Do you remember where you purchased Pages? If it was purchased in a DVD, download iWork 9.3 update > http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1563 Make sure that Pages is in /Applications, and if not, move it to this folder.

If it was purchased in the Mac App Store, check that it's in /Applications, and if not, move it to this folder. Then, open the App Store, go to Updates and the most recent version should show up to install

Jul 16, 2013 10:13 AM in response to mende1

I bought it on AppStore as "stand alone" not as a part of iWork.

In Finder window it seems to be found in "Applications" (=Swedish equivalent "Program") folder.

Pages is situated where AppStore put it.

When I open the document from iOS it says it's not possible because I need to update. I get a link to AppStore.

When I click install AppStore says I already bought it.

User uploaded file

Kaj

Jul 16, 2013 10:21 AM in response to kholmback

Detail I came to think of:

There has been a problem with AppStore. I use it from Finland. I'm Swedish speaking so I have it in Swedish even if I use it from Finland.

Sometime ago AppStore turned Finnish for me (and everyone here).

Apple announced (according to newspapers here) they will give the Swedish option back for us Swedish speaking Finns (a minority here) using AppStore from Finland.. It was a while ago but nothing happended. Now AppStore seems to be English for me.

My OS is Swedish, my Pages is Swedish but AppStore now English.

Kaj

Jul 16, 2013 10:29 AM in response to mende1

mende1: "Isn't that Software Update? The OP is using Mountain Lion, so Software Update is integrated in the App Store"

Software update in AppStore doesn't give updates to Pages right now. That's why I'm writing here.

I wonder if there was an option of not wanting to update I clicked in a hurry when the update option showed up before. Seems a bit strange I can't later update ...

Jul 16, 2013 2:29 PM in response to mende1

End of story looks like this:

I had to delete Pages and take it from AppStore again which I hoped not to do.

I now have it updated and I can open the documents from the latest iOS-version of Pages.

My version is in Swedish exactly like my OS and as mende1 said.

In my opinion there is a bug somewhere or a lapsus since I couldn't update it anymore through AppStore since I had to take the whole app again.

Thanks for for your support mende1 and fruhulda.

Problem solved.

Kaj

How to update Pages on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.