Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make a (rounded up) value stick in another formula?

I don't even really know how to ask this question but I'm going to try.

The document is golf handicaps. I have a formula that is figuring out the handicap in a column, then I have it rounding up to the nearest whole number. In the next column, I have a formula that is dividing the value in the previous (handicap) column in half. It works, it just takes the non-rounded value. I need it to take the value that has been rounded up. I'm thinking this has something to do with absolute numbers, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:08 PM

Nevermind, I just figured it out, but for the benefit of anyone searching this, I'll explain how I fixed it.

First, I went into the inspector and allowed 1 decimal place because the way I fixed it doesn't need the handicap cell to round up automatically. i.e. saying 13.8 is just fine.

Next, I created another column to the right of the handicap column and used the ROUNDUP function.

So, if the value of C2 is 13.8, then the formula in D2 would be "ROUNDUP(C2,0)". The C2 is the cell it takes the value from to round up, the 0 is how many decimal places the resulting value should have. Since I want a whole number, the decimal value is set to 0.

The next column that divides that number in half now divides the whole number instead of the decimal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2013 12:08 PM in response to JayhawkCWE

Nevermind, I just figured it out, but for the benefit of anyone searching this, I'll explain how I fixed it.

First, I went into the inspector and allowed 1 decimal place because the way I fixed it doesn't need the handicap cell to round up automatically. i.e. saying 13.8 is just fine.

Next, I created another column to the right of the handicap column and used the ROUNDUP function.

So, if the value of C2 is 13.8, then the formula in D2 would be "ROUNDUP(C2,0)". The C2 is the cell it takes the value from to round up, the 0 is how many decimal places the resulting value should have. Since I want a whole number, the decimal value is set to 0.

The next column that divides that number in half now divides the whole number instead of the decimal.

How do I make a (rounded up) value stick in another formula?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.