Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't seem to add a song to a playlist after searching for a song

Ever since the updates I can no longer search for a song and just add it to a playlist. I should mention that I am a DJ so I have A LOT of playlists [one for each cd in my cd wallet] so clicking on the "add to playlist" button is now a chore given I then have to scroll through hundreds of playlists to find the one I want to add it to instead of just being able to drag and drop it to a playlist on the sidebar.

I have even had to transfer my entire library to one playlist [which is a pain to update] and even then the search feature is so bad beacuse while it says it searching the playlist that is currently open, it will then open it in it's library location and I lose the ability to drag and drop it into my sidebar. I now have to scroll to find the track in this HUGE playlist I had to make just to drag and drop it into a playlist since the search feature seems to just...not work...anymore.

Oh that search feature...it is so slow now!! It takes a full minute just to type a few characters, yet everything else about iTunes works fine. I can burn cd's and play music but I'm screwed if I actually want to find a specific track.

Is anyone else getting these issues or is iTunes just not compatible with my windows 7 laptop anymore? And I am I missing something about iTunes functionality and just making all this a lot harder for myself? It's gotten so bad I am thinking about changing where I buy my music from and the programme I use because I am actually shuddering with fear now at the thought of having to use iTunes to make cd's for work so some help would be lovely!

Acer Aspire 5551-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 10:41 AM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2013 10:46 AM in response to minisara

I have since found another question on this site which has answered my search issues - deselect "search entire library" - which I thought I had already done so I assume it reselects it everytime I open iTunes.

I still have the issue of not being able to add anything to my playlists once I have found a track in any catagory other than "playlists".

I can't seem to add a song to a playlist after searching for a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.