Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The volume control slider bar has disappeared from my iPad

My volume control is missing from the home bar. I have tried everything that has been posted online including the mute / direction button explanation.

I have restored the iPad as well.

The silver slider appeared briefly during the restore but disappeared again.

I know my sound works when I go into the settings but I am getting no sound in movies or games.

Help!

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:09 PM

Have you tried cleaning the dock connector opening with a soft brush and just a little bit of rubbing alcohol? If not, give it a try.

6 replies

Jul 16, 2013 12:36 PM in response to LMC16

The "fix" that I have suggested has been around on other forums as well as this forum. I recommended it to someone a couple of days ago and it worked. I'm not saying that it will work for you for sure, but your iPad has the same "symptoms" (no volume slider or no button on the slider) as many of the others who posted with this issue. using headphones always brings the sound back, rwmove the headphones and the sound goes away again. Cleaning the connector end worked for many of them.

Its worth a try. If that doesn't work, make sure that nothing is stuck in the earphone jack. That can cause the problem as well. See if there is any noticeable debris in there.

The volume control slider bar has disappeared from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.