Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save as has disappeared from my menu

Hi and good evening

On my Mac Save As has disappeared from the Pages menu. Under Share the Send by email is grey ie not in bold as usual, but the formats - Word etc are in bold and when clicked on an email (new message) comes up but if I've clicked on Word the document appears to not have been changed from Pages. Hence the attachment has been blocked by the recipents Outlook Express.

Sorry...as you can tell ...I'm not too good on computer speak.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Ann

iMac

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 7:04 PM

If you're using Mountain Lion, hold down the Option/alt key while clicking the File menu & Duplicate will change to Save As…

User uploaded file

13 replies

Jul 18, 2013 1:24 AM in response to Annfromnorthsomerset

Hi Ann,

You wrote:

" Under Share the Send by email is grey ie not in bold as usual, but the formats - Word etc are in bold and when clicked on an email (new message) comes up but if I've clicked on Word the document appears to not have been changed from Pages. Hence the attachment has been blocked by the recipents Outlook Express."

When you 'share' a document, you need to choose a format in which to share it. For reasons unknown, Apple has decided to change the layout of the Share menu to make "Send via Mail" and "Export" non-selectable category headers, and place the format choices in the top-level menu. It's a design choice, but one I can't see much benefit in.

Your document itself will not show any change in format if you choose "Word," but if you check the attachment to the email message produced, you see the .doc extension indicating it is a Word file. If you have Word (or one of the open source Office applications (eg. LibreOffice, OpenOffice.org), 'Sharing' a Word copy of the document with yourself, thenopening it with one of these applications (but not with Pages). All will open a Word format document, and none of them will open a Pages format document. Your resut should tell you whether the conversion has been made.

Regards,

Barry

May 6, 2014 6:47 PM in response to Beyo

Hi Beyo,

You must be kidding me....:( maybe you have newest Pages 5?

Pages 5 won't work in OS X v10.8.x (Mountain Lion)

"Kidding" tends to be marked with a laughing smiley.

Peter's advice, "Holding down the option key when clicking on the File menu works in my ML 10.8.5," is true for my MBPro, running Pages 4.3 and Mountain lion as well, as is the keystroke combination shift-option-command-S.

No kidding.

Regards,

Barry

May 7, 2014 2:27 AM in response to Barry

But this simply not working. The same in Preview.

My Pages is 4.3 (1048). This is not Mac App Store version. I had iWork 09 DVD and then upgraded it usings System Updates. I cannot convert it to MAS version and I am not intend to pay twice for the same 😉

So I appreciate your good will but on MBPro 2009 with 10.8.5 this NOT Work. Most of 3rd party apps have "Save-As" with notable exeption of Pixelmator :/ but Apple's own program do not. 😟

Save as has disappeared from my menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.