Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro5,1 Wrong SMC

Greetings to All,

I am facing a very strange thing on my Macbook Pro 5.1

To start this is my information of my Machine:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06

SMC Version (system): 1.41f2

Serial Number (system): --------------

Hardware UUID: -----------

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

As you can see the SMC version is 1.41f2 but when is go to http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1237

Where you can download the latest EFI and SMC version is different!!!

What i should have is :

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2008)MacBookPro5,1MBP51.007E.B06 (EFI 2.8)1.33f8 (SMC 1.2)

So the EFI is Correct but the SMC is wrong.....

Can Please someone give me a solution on this?

The laptop is heating very much at 81 celsius ( not all the time but is not normal when i just watch a movie or youtube....)

And the buttery does not last or goes from 50% down to 10% within 2 minutes....and the battery has 66 cycles...

Thank you all in advance!!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 1:51 PM

5 replies

Jul 17, 2013 7:07 AM in response to Linc Davis

Greetings Dave and thank you for your time to reply me.

None of the above is working for me, i have tried...

I think the problem is caused by the wrong SMC version....

But how is this possible? Since the latest version of SMC for my model is : 1.33f8 (SMC 1.2) how do i have installed the 1.41f2???

Do you know how can i install the normal one? (i have no idea how i got this wrong model....i did not installed that is the sure...)

Installing the normal is like downgrading ? is this possible and how please?

Aug 16, 2013 12:25 PM in response to Linc Davis

Greetings,

Sorry for my late reply but was out of the town.

I live in a place where Apple Store in not an Option. I have to travel to Athens that means 3 hours and costs... I have to take it there and go to take it back....

I have checked all over the internet and the same results found about the versions so i think what is written by Apple is correct. So does anyone knows how can i install the correct SMC Firmware? Anyone?

As i mentioned i download the correct one but when i try to install it says in not needed for my system.....

and that is normal because i have installed ( I DID NOT INSTALLED I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPEND) 1.41f2 and the correct one is : 1.33f8 so it checks the version and since the one i try to install is older does not install....

Please help 🙂

MacBookPro5,1 Wrong SMC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.