5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 11:33 AM by Texasrepublic
Texasrepublic Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, Free Agent is really dependable--but it lacks any instruction. It would seem to be a no-brainer, but "Restore" and "Cancel" are the only options that show when FA is open and showing all backups back to its beginning. When going into "Restore" it shows the desired dated update page--and then no activity indication nor just how it interfaces with Time Machine nor how to use it to its potential. Any input would be helpful, thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Free Agent & Time Machine
  • baltwo Level 9 Level 9 (61,825 points)

If this is reference to a Seagate FreeAgent HD, contact them. FWIW, their software is designed for windoze users and should be removed, by erasing and reformatting the HD before use.

• Texasrepublic Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you---this Free Agent is for Mac. They do a Mac version, I"ve had it for about 4 years. Time Machine came back a few minutes ago---not sure why, but FA is now showin the disk choices...I appreciate your reply, thanks again--

Regards,

Texasrepublic

• baltwo Level 9 Level 9 (61,825 points)

Glad it worked for you. Most software supplied by the manufacturers is not needed for Mac users, especially the so-called energy-saving sleep nonsense.

I use Free Agent totally for backup in case of disaster. It worked wonderfully when updgrading to Snow Leopard a few years ago. I do business in pcb design/assembly, etc, and software/computers are not my area of knowledge--the reason for having Mac. I don't want to beat it with a baseball bat as I did so many times with the PC

It was too easy even for a Mac   had me all discombobulated because there was only one step in the process.