Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find bootcamp on my os x 10.6, will upgrading to Mountain Lion give me access to it?

I have a MacBook Unibody Model A1342, currently running OS X 10.6.8.

I have a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

I have been considering running windows on my macbook using Bootcamp for a while now, but when I went to look for it on my computer, I couldn't find it. The fix for this seems to be just extracting bootcamp from the installation DVD, but it has been so long that I'm positive that I've lost it.

The only other thing I could think of would be upgrading to Mountain Lion (which I had been planning on doing for a while now), and the upgrade might include Bootcamp.

I was wondering if this was a viable option, as I couldn't find any discussions on the matter earlier. Also, will I run into any issues with bootcamp after upgrading? Is there anything in my computer's specs that could keep me from running bootcamp once I have it?

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 7:33 PM

Bootcamp Assistant is in your utilities folder. Run Bootcamp Assistant and follow the instructions to install Windows.

7 replies

I cannot find bootcamp on my os x 10.6, will upgrading to Mountain Lion give me access to it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.