Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will AppleCare Replace My iPhone?

I took my car to the mechanics for routine maintenence, and they found my Original iPhone in the engine. Its water damaged and the LCD has a huge gray line on the top, the home button no longer works, and the case is damaged. Will they replace this for me if I buy AppleCare? I know its probably a long stretch. I would call the Apple Store, but I just realized it at 12 AM

iPhone-OTHER, iOS 3.1.3

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 9:14 PM

You had one year from the date of purchase to buy AppleCare. Furthermore, prior to the AppleCare plan available with the iPhone 4S, AppleCare did not cover accidental damage.

Normally you could get it replaced for $149, but...

https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/news/05-15-13-original-iphone-to-atta in-vintage-status

If you live in California, I think vintage products may still be able to get serviced.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2013 9:14 PM in response to boovish

You had one year from the date of purchase to buy AppleCare. Furthermore, prior to the AppleCare plan available with the iPhone 4S, AppleCare did not cover accidental damage.

Normally you could get it replaced for $149, but...

https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/news/05-15-13-original-iphone-to-atta in-vintage-status

If you live in California, I think vintage products may still be able to get serviced.

Jul 16, 2013 10:39 PM in response to boovish

boovish wrote:

No, you're being a troll. If I knew the answer to this question, why would I ask it. You get 2 free replacements with AppleCare

Again, the Original iPhone is at least five years old. AppleCare only lasts for two. AppleCare+ is the only program that allows for replacement at a reduced price. As stated earlier it was not even available on any Apple device prior to the iPhone 4S.

In your post quoted above, you're answering your original question by saying, "You get 2 free replacements with AppleCare." If you know so much about AppleCare, what was your reason for starting this thread?

Jul 17, 2013 9:31 AM in response to boovish

At this point, you can not get a replacement for an original iPhone even if you want to pay for it. It has been end of life'd... Apple does not provide service for them any more.

Even if they did, it would be useless. AT&T is killing off their EDGE network. That phone won't even be able to get service in most of the US any more, and will not be able to get service at all by some time next year.

Will AppleCare Replace My iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.