Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork 09 serial number and reinstall issue

I originally installed the trial version of iWork '09 from a disc I had, after receiving my new MBA, due to limited bandwidth in Tanzania. When I was able to do so I quickly purchased the app through the Mac App store and have been using it, without problem, for about two weeks now. This morning, however, I was prompted for a Serial Number. I checked my email receipts for the purchase and did not see a Serial Number present. Another Help article regarding this issue pointed me to these intructions, which I followed: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3098

Now I no longer have iWork on my computer, but the Mac App store thinks I do and I cannot find a way to initiate a reinstall as per the instructions. Any advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), iOS 6.1.4, iWork '09

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 3:04 AM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2013 6:54 AM in response to Jon.Dutch

Jon,

The trial version is still on your computer and is wanting to be registered. When the trial version was published it wasn't aware of the possiblilty of a future App Store version and it doesn't know that it should quietly go away.

Download problems aside, we would suggest that you uninstall your iWork apps and then redownload the App Store version.

Yvan Koenig has written a script to easily do the uninstall. You can get it from this page.

Jerry

Jul 19, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

This seems to have sorted it... sort of. I had already followed these instructions, but when I went into the App folder I noted that the iWork 09 folder was gone (as I had deleted it), but the apps existed in the folder on their own (Pages, Numbers, Keynote). So, I think what had happened is Launchpad was still linked to the apps I had installed with the trial version - hence it asking for a password and them disappearing from Launchpad when I deleted them. But the apps were installed individually via the Mac App store - where the still existed. I didn't want to take any chances, though, so after I deleted these I reinstalled again and everything seems to be working great now. Thanks, Jerry!

iWork 09 serial number and reinstall issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.