Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using CCC to copy an existing Snow Leopard installation

Hi there,

I've created a backup of a Snow Leapord installation (from a MacBook 6,1) using CCC onto an external HDD, it's bootable and all works great.

I can then use this bootable backup on a Macbook 2,1 (running 10.4.11) that I have (by holding the options key on boot), it boots up fine into Snow Leopard, and actually seems a little faster even when running off the external.

What I would like to do now is copy this clone of the 6,1 onto the HDD of the 2,1, its pretty much an empty install (30GB), next to no documents or applications, and i'm hoping as its allowing me to boot using this copy it should have no issues cloning it over?

Anyone who can give me the go ahead or not would be thanked with a friendly smile!

Thanks, Ben.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 4:11 AM

It should work, but you may need to add more RAM to the 2,1. I'm seeing the installed RAM in those varies from a low of 512 MB (definitely not enough) to 1 GB (the bare minimum) or it will barely run or not at all.

Also If I've found the right specs, I'm seeing the minimum shipped drive in those is 60 GB. You say 30 GB. Is that right?

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacBook2,1

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2013 4:11 AM in response to BenMurphy93

It should work, but you may need to add more RAM to the 2,1. I'm seeing the installed RAM in those varies from a low of 512 MB (definitely not enough) to 1 GB (the bare minimum) or it will barely run or not at all.

Also If I've found the right specs, I'm seeing the minimum shipped drive in those is 60 GB. You say 30 GB. Is that right?

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacBook2,1

Jul 17, 2013 4:21 AM in response to WZZZ

It's got 2 GB surprisingly! I think someone must of done an upgrade or two during it's time, so we should be good to go!

And a 120gb HDD so plenty of space there too. *Edit* Sorry by 30 GB before I meant the size of the OS X clone i wished to use*

As we speak i'm backing up the current HDD using CCC to a new partition on the external, just incase something doesn't go quite right.

Using CCC to copy an existing Snow Leopard installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.