Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble signing into iCloud on Mac

Hi Everyone

Could anyone please help me with this problem (keep in mind Im fairly new to computer stuff)

I am having problems signing into my icloud through System Preferences. Now I use to be able to but I had problems with my emails in Outlook (yes that right I said that work Outlook which in on my Mac) so I took my computer to the shop to get this problem fixed.

But now I cant get into iCloud as it keep saying - cant sign in at this time and down the bottom in red it telling me there is an error with my user id or password.

Now I can log into my itunes with out a problem and I can also go to the www.icloud.com and sign in there.

But dont I have to set this up through my System Perferences so that I can also have my photo streaming working,calander and also the ability to share music with the ipad and iphone.

I feel silly for asking but Im at a loss - so I need help please

thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 4:54 AM

4 replies

Jul 17, 2013 8:39 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger

Thanks for the reply.

I actually run Outlook seperate and dont want that in iCloud, but I did have problems with Outlook and was wondering if that was why it my have effected the issue I have now which is I can't access iCloud through System Preference at all.

It keeps telling me that I can sign in at this time but in red down the bottom it tells me there is a problem is with user id or password. Yet I can go to the web site www.icloud.com and sign in there.

But from the web site I can enable the data types which I am assuming can only be done via System Preference which is where I cant log into.

Do you have any idea on how I could fix this???

Suzie

Jul 17, 2013 11:37 PM in response to 11SQ11

I don't think Outlook is going to affect iCloud in any way. You can't 'enable' the data types on the website, the apps are all functional there but need to get their data from your Mac.

There's no obvious reason why you can't sign in on your Mac if you can sign into the website. Obviously you've checked carefully that you are signing in correctly.

Your next step would be to go to http://appleid.apple.com , click 'Manage your Apple ID' and then 'Password and Security' and change the password. It should be minimum 8 characters, of which at least one must be a capital and at least one a numeral: no puntuation marks or accented characters.

Trouble signing into iCloud on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.