Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aol mail not working in Mac Mail

I have had this problem several times and it's getting rather irritating. The SMTP servers are not responding. The following message keeps coming up:

Sending the message content to the server failed.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

After changing ports and following the numerous suggestions experienced by countless others with the same problem time and time again I still have found no solid reason as to why this happens or how to simply resolve the issue.

If anyone with knowledge and experience can shed any light on this troublesome problem then please make yourselves known.

I have followed threads and made all the correct adjustments including deleting and creating a new email account. Is this an AOL issue or a Mac issue? The mail works fine on the ipad and iphone.

I have also tried using different wifi and cable connections with the macbook I have my account installed on. It's the latest software 10.8.4 and a macbook pro 13'. 2011 model.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 4:40 AM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2013 11:18 AM in response to Chrismars2000

Hello Chris,

Thank you for so much information about the issue you are experiencing with your AOL account in Mail. You have taken some really great troubleshooting steps, but I recommend reviewing this article to further isolate and troubleshoot the issue:

OS X Mail: Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3276

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Aol mail not working in Mac Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.