Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I plug my 4S into a transmitter to listen through my car speakers. The phone gets hot, is this normal?

I used a radio transmitter connected to my 4S to listen to music through my car speakers, but the phone gets hot. Is this normal?

iPod touch, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:25 AM

Yes it is. It is usual for your phone to get hot (not to the point where it burns, but noticably warmer) whenever it's charging, playing music, or using an app that takes a lot of power (like navigation). Especially in a car, where the ambient temperature can get pretty hot.

As long as it doesn't hurt to hold your phone or the phone doesn't give you a temperature warning then it's normal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2013 7:25 AM in response to quilter57

Yes it is. It is usual for your phone to get hot (not to the point where it burns, but noticably warmer) whenever it's charging, playing music, or using an app that takes a lot of power (like navigation). Especially in a car, where the ambient temperature can get pretty hot.

As long as it doesn't hurt to hold your phone or the phone doesn't give you a temperature warning then it's normal.

I plug my 4S into a transmitter to listen through my car speakers. The phone gets hot, is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.