Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group apps

Hi all,

My ipad 1 has version 5.1.1.

Last night all od sudden all of my Group apps folder disappeared.

And each group consist 20apps.

So all of sudden i have 8 pages of apps in aplhabetical order.

I did not do any upload nor download nor updates nor installation.

Anyone knows what happened or experience the same?

iOS bugs?

Please advise....

Thanks.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 6:31 AM

1 reply

Jul 17, 2013 6:49 AM in response to Incanugg

I can't offer any explanation for this other than you did something by accident that triggered something else by accident that caused it. Otherwise, it was probably a fluke occurrence and not a bug. I have never read about this happening to anyone before.

I have read of users blowing their folder structure up when they initiated some sort of action on the iPad. For instance, I once decided to set a restrictions passcode merely as an experiment while I was trying to help another user. After I turned the restrictions off, I was shocked to see that all of my folders were destroyed and I had all of my Apps all over a bunch of screens.

Group apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.