Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to log in every time I want to go on my computer how do I turn this off?

I don't want to log in every time I want to go on my computer how do I turn this off?

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:31 AM

You have to turn on automatic login. To do it, open System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Options > Automatic login, and choose your user. OS X will log into your user automatically every time you turn on the Mac.

If you don't want to be asked for your password after sleep mode, open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General, and untick "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2013 7:31 AM in response to Hairstheone

You have to turn on automatic login. To do it, open System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Options > Automatic login, and choose your user. OS X will log into your user automatically every time you turn on the Mac.

If you don't want to be asked for your password after sleep mode, open System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General, and untick "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.