Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPhoto Libraries now after restore. Can I delete one?

A couple of weeks ago I had a problem with iPhoto and used the restore feature. Now I have two folders in my Pictures section of iMac. One folder says iPhoto and the other folder says iPhoto (original). They both had the same pictures in them except for the new folder in which I had added pictures that I recently transferred from my camera. I saved the extra pictures and added them to my original iPhoto folder. Now it seems like I should delete one of the folders but I am afraid to do that. Both folders seem to be working properly now.

At the time I had the problem I had just installed a new camera software for transferring photos. After restoring iPhoto, I deleted that software. I don't know if that software was the cause of the problem and I don't know if deleting the software put the original iPhoto back to normal. But now I do have two folders that have the same pictures. What would happen if I deleted one of the folders (probably the newest one and keep the original)? Would I create yet another problem?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 8:48 AM

Yes - you can delete one - but before emptying the trash fully tes tthe remaining one to be sure it is what you want

LN

2 replies

I have two iPhoto Libraries now after restore. Can I delete one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.