Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export pictures NOT on camera roll from my ipad to my iMac?

iPad

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 11:03 AM

15 replies

Jul 17, 2013 11:11 AM in response to Axeman1020

These are pics I add to my Ipad 1 without using iTunes (dragged them to the Ipad from a PC), I made then some albums and since these are not on my camera roll i cannot simple see/export them now that i got my new iPad. The external drive where I had all this pics was stolen and the only place now where I have my pics (3000+) is on my old iPad 1.

Jul 17, 2013 11:57 AM in response to jcamengual

I have not had the particular problem, but I know that PhotoSync will transfer photos out of albums. I guess I'm a bit confused by your situation, thoguh. 'm not sure how you exactly "dragged" photos from PC to iPad and then created albums. Created them how if not in Camera Roll?

There are apps that can import photos and create folders/albums outside of Camera Roll, such as PhotoManager Pro, but which app did you drag the photos into? There is no general file system on the iPad.

Jul 17, 2013 11:57 AM in response to jcamengual

I have an app called Wireless Transfer app that will move photos back and forth from computer to iPad BUT it will not transfer photos other than those IN the camera roll so make sure that you read the specs carefully for any of these WiFi transfer apps.

I thought for sure that TouchCopy would work. Sorry about that.

Sep 12, 2013 1:22 AM in response to jcamengual

Hi everyone,
If you want a quick way to transfer photos from any album on your iPad to your computer you can take a look at 'MobileGo for iOS (Mac)' App (I'm the developer of the app). Here is a video that shows how the app works and how to transfer from iPad to computer:

You can transfer 56 photos at one time. The only requirement is to have your iPad and your computer connected to the same wifi network.

I hope the app will be useful to you!

Cheers,

Enrique

Oct 15, 2013 4:22 AM in response to jcamengual

Hello jcamengual,

I was having the same problem you're having - for those that don't understand... I synced photos on to my ipad which placed them inside "photos" not cameral roll. I then sold me laptop as I thought I had no need for it. When I bought my new iMac I tried to use my external hard drive which had my back up on, however my hard drive no longer works. Thus unable to retreive my photos on to my iMac!

Anyway... long of the short of it is theres no easy way. But there are a few ways. I'm currently using icloud's photo stream. As long as you have photo stream set up on your mac you can create a shared stream on the ipad with a friend. This shared stream will appear on your mac, you can then "import photos" straight from the shared stream.

Alternativley you could use something like drop box. Sync your pictures from iPad to drop box. Then download from drop box to Mac. As I said, no easy way that I have found but this does work. It just takes a long time.

Key Facts:

You can have 5000 photos inside a sharred stream

You can have 100 sharred streams

Therefore you can stream 500,000 photos - I hope you don't have that many.

All explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4858?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Oct 15, 2013 4:37 AM in response to rhysp1984

rhysp1984

It does not matter how many photos there are. Once they are in a Shared Photo Stream and you have access to them from a computer, you can save them locally. If you have too many photos to move at one time just move what you can. After they are copied out of the Shared Photo Stream to the computer delete the photos in the Share Photo Stream and add the rest. After they are all moved you can delete the Shared Photo Stream altogether.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.