Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not navigate through folders in stacks after upgrade to Lion

After I upgraded to Lion I can no longer navigate through my folders in a stack. Where as before in SL I could click on a folder in say my Applications Stack and be able to navigate the file structure of that folder. Now what happens is if I click on a folder it closes the stack window. This is very frustrating considering I am a very organized person and have a very detailed folder structure. I navigate through my stacks quite frequently. Please if someone knows how I can fix this it would be much appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Macbook 2.1 mid 2007 white.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 11:30 AM

9 replies

Jul 17, 2013 2:36 PM in response to baltwo

here are my screen shots of my applications folder with different views. the main reason is that the response time for the list view is far under that of the grid view. i get actual lag, like a couple of seconds lag when scrolling in list view. where as in grid view i get no lag at all. the apps folder is just an example. i just cant navigate in grid view anymore. its very frustrating. i noticed it immediately after i upgraded. before i changed any settings of anykind.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jul 25, 2013 9:54 AM in response to thesoundman20

Thank you again baltwo.

Nothing against my friend baltwo you have been very generious and patient, but is there anyone else that can help with my problem? I can not navigate through folders in Grid veiw on the dock. And no I do not want to change to a different veiw. I would really like to get this working again. Like I said before any assistance from anyone is very appreciated.

Can not navigate through folders in stacks after upgrade to Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.